Thursday, September 24, 2009

Plans.

Okay, so for anyone that cares that has yet to be informed, I'm working on some things right now.

Mainly, I'm trying to come up with enough GOOD material to try my hand at stand-up comedy. Yeah, I suck at being funny. So what? I'd like to try anyway. That's the main reason why I have an annoying amount of updates on Twitter/Facebook. Anything that pops into my head that I find vaguely humorous, I try to put into 140 characters, if possible. If not, I save it in my cellphone drafts. Boondocks, a local bar/grille, has an open mic night, as it turns out, and I'm going to try to make use of it. So please, if you like something, or if you don't like it, please voice your opinions! But try to be a little more constructive than "It's bad." Explain why it's bad. I may disagree with you, but that doesn't mean I don't value your opinion.

In other news, I'm still drawing all the time, of course, and I still play my bass and sing, as long as no-one is around to see/hear it. I even have a few lyrical and/or musical ideas that I make note of, just in case, for later days.

I think I might be a bit selfish. Most people want to be good at one thing. I feel like I need to be good at ALL things. And because of that, I'm pretty sure that I've become horrible at everything. Not fishing for compliments here, just to let you know. Every time I say something bad about myself, it seems like someone gives a pat on my back and tells me that I'm great and all. I always think that they do that because they feel like they have to. Please don't. You don't have to.

I think that's about all I have going on at the moment. How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment